Regional Responses to Refugee and Migration Issues
April 23 - April 29
12 visitors from various European countries will be coming to make professional connections in San Diego exploring the following specific objectives for the project outlined by the Department of State:
- Examine federal, state, and local government policies and programs to resettle and integrate refugees that arrive both through the U.S. Refugee Resettlement Program and through unofficial channels;
- Gain an understanding of the refugee and asylum designations and programs in the United States;
- Review interagency efforts and standards for processing and resettling refugees in the United States;
- Explore private sector efforts to combat discrimination and integrate immigrant and minority communities; and
- Explore opportunities and initiatives for international cooperation on refugee issues.