- This event has passed.
Advancing Minority Rights
June 8 - June 12
13 visitors from Europe will be coming to make professional connections in San Diego exploring the following specific objectives for the project outlined by the Department of State:
- Examine U.S. and international initiatives to promote and protect the human rights of minority communities;
- Explore equal access to educational, economic, and healthcare opportunities for members of minority communities;
- Analyze the legislative framework that ensures equal rights for minority communities;
- Present different political and social perspectives on ethnic, cultural, gender, racial, and religious minority community rights; and
- Observe how organizations monitor, influence, and advocate for human and civil rights policy at the local, state, national, and international levels.