- This event has passed.
Advancing Minority Rights
June 8, 2019 - June 12, 2019
13 visitors from Europe will be coming to make professional connections in San Diego exploring the following specific objectives for the project outlined by the Department of State:
- Examine U.S. and international initiatives to promote and protect the human rights of minority communities;
- Explore equal access to educational, economic, and healthcare opportunities for members of minority communities;
- Analyze the legislative framework that ensures equal rights for minority communities;
- Present different political and social perspectives on ethnic, cultural, gender, racial, and religious minority community rights; and
- Observe how organizations monitor, influence, and advocate for human and civil rights policy at the local, state, national, and international levels.