6 visitors from Indonesia will be coming to make professional connections in San Diego exploring the following specific objectives for the project outlined by the Department of State:
- Examine how U.S. borders are protected through the use of personnel, technology, information sharing, and infrastructure; as well as collaborative efforts with neighboring countries, and many federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial partners
- Learn how various stakeholders comb through information using cutting-edge technology and analytic tools in an effort to protect the United States and its citizens
- Observe how stakeholders coordinate and share information across the federal, state and local government as well as with partner nations in an effort to protect against global criminal organizations and terrorism
- Analyze the databases and information technology used to share and maintain information on the border
- Learn best practices on daily border operations and investigations, including passenger assessment, inspection of conveyances and cargo, narcotics detection, K9 operations, outbound operations, and patrol of the border away from ports of entry
- Learn best practices on how federal law enforcement agencies and local police collaborate across the interagency on immigration/customs operations and investigations initiated at the border.