Empowering Youth through Workforce Development
January 31, 2020 - February 6, 2020
16 visitors from various countries in Africa will be coming to make professional connections in San Diego exploring the following specific objectives for the project outlined by the Department of State:
- Examine the role vocational education plays in providing Americans with training and skills tailored to fit targeted employment needs;
- Demonstrate specific workforce niches filled by community colleges, vocational/technology schools and certificate programs and how these institutions have evolved to meet economic needs;
- Assess the federal government’s investment in innovative education for youth;
- Study ways teachers and businesses get youth interested in futurelooking careers; and
- Explore student internships and opportunities for employment upon graduation.