16 visitors from various countries in Africa will be coming to make professional connections in San Diego exploring the following specific objectives for the project outlined by the Department of State:
- Examine the role vocational education plays in providing Americans with training and skills tailored to fit targeted employment needs;
- Demonstrate specific workforce niches filled by community colleges, vocational/technology schools and certificate programs and how these institutions have evolved to meet economic needs;
- Assess the federal government’s investment in innovative education for youth;
- Study ways teachers and businesses get youth interested in futurelooking careers; and
- Explore student internships and opportunities for employment upon graduation.