- This event has passed.
Global Social Hour
April 7: 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Grab a coffee and join us for a new iteration of our Global Social Hour Series on Wednesday, April 7th at 10 AM Pacific Time. This event will be an excellent opportunity for you to engage in an informal conversation with European leaders and learn about their perspectives on global affairs and the transatlantic relationship. Our speakers include:
- Mr. Pavel SZOBI, Ph.D., Czech Republic: Assistant Professor, Institute of International Studies, Charles University in Prague
- Mr. Emmanuel DROIT, Ph.D., France: Professor of International History, Sciences Po Strasbourg
- Mr. Andreas Maldener, Germany: Managing Director of CDU (Christian Democratic Union) Parliamentary Group, Saarland State Parliament, Saarbruecken
- Ms. Rania SVIGKOU, Greece: Head, International, and European Affairs, Syriza
- Ms. Lourdes PULLICINO, Malta: Lecturer, University of Malta, Msida
- Ms. Cristina CILEACU, Romania: TV Producer and Host, Digi 24 TV news station, Bucharest
- Mr. Ian FREEMAN, UNVIE – UN/Austria: Associate Program Officer, UN Office for Outer Space Affairs, Vienna
The speakers, part of a delegation of 15 European leaders, are visiting San Diego virtually as part of the U.S Department of State’s International Visitor Leadership Program to explore the challenges of U.S foreign policy.