9 visitors from various countries in Europe will be coming to make professional connections in San Diego exploring the following specific objectives for the project outlined by the Department of State:
- Examine U.S. financial markets in their domestic and global contexts and explain U.S. perspectives on international economic and monetary issues;
- Review U.S. efforts to promote financial stability;
- Discuss U.S. investment in emerging markets and programs that assist developing markets;
- Examine state and local international trade and export promotion initiatives designed to promote regional economic development and entrepreneurship;
- Demonstrate how American industries remain competitive in the world market;
- Examine the effect of international trade agreements on American business, the economy and trade relations; and
- Provide opportunities to exchange views on the U.S./Europe economic relationship.