- This event has passed.
The Digital Economy – Transformative Technology For The Social Good
June 16, 2019 - June 20, 2019
Experts from 26 countries will be coming to make professional connections in San Diego exploring the following specific objectives for the project outlined by the Department of State:
- Learn about management and marketing strategies to assess and develop innovations;
- Meet with advocates and start-ups to learn about best practices and challenges in developing technology for the social good;
- Meet with investors involved in recognizing, promoting, and developing innovative solutions to labor and human rights challenges;
- Learn how blockchain can be used to protect the rights of low-wage workers; and
- Look at how blockchain-based currencies like Bitcoin may impact national economies, including the secure flow of remittances and other cross-border payments.