Experts from 26 countries will be coming to make professional connections in San Diego exploring the following specific objectives for the project outlined by the Department of State:
- Learn about management and marketing strategies to assess and develop innovations;
- Meet with advocates and start-ups to learn about best practices and challenges in developing technology for the social good;
- Meet with investors involved in recognizing, promoting, and developing innovative solutions to labor and human rights challenges;
- Learn how blockchain can be used to protect the rights of low-wage workers; and
- Look at how blockchain-based currencies like Bitcoin may impact national economies, including the secure flow of remittances and other cross-border payments.