- This event has passed.
The Strong Cities Network
December 7, 2019 - December 11, 2019
8 visitors from Kenya will be coming to make professional connections in San Diego exploring the following specific objectives for the project outlined by the Department of State:
- Facilitate systematic sharing of best practices and lessons learned on building social cohesion and community resilience to counter terrorist radicalization and recruitment between Kenyan and U.S. stakeholders on national, local and community levels, including through the Strong Cities Network;
- Identify and examine the underlying conditions that fuel political and human rights grievances, communal conflicts, and other potential drivers of terrorist radicalization and recruitment within communities;
- Explore the role of faith based and secular organizations, community based efforts, and public private partnerships in positively engaging youth on political, social, economic, and security challenges;
- Explore successful intervention and rehabilitation and reintegration programs designed to positively influence susceptible youth, reintegrate disenfranchised youth, and prevent radicalization and recruitment to terrorism; and
- Build networks and partnerships among stakeholders at all levels and capabilities of government, non profit organizations, and private owners and operators, to prevent terrorism.