It is up to you what you would like to cook but please keep the following suggestions in mind.
- Please do not prepare food from the country of your guest. They have come a long way to try something new.
- Depending on who your guests are there may be some dietary restrictions or foods to avoid due to religious practices.
- The world views about the concept of dinner and the amount of food that has to be eaten are very diverse, so do not be offended if your guest does not eat a lot of food.
- Also remember an American staple, for example corn, may be viewed in another country as strictly animal feed. Check in advance and just be conscious of the options you are providing.
- Your dinner should be casual and does not need to rival something prepared by Martha Stewart.