Join us in Tijuana!
Tuesday, December 5
This trip is open to San Diego Diplomacy Council staff, board members, and advisory board members.
- James Clark is designing a great itinerary with a meeting with the U.S. Consul General, and other highlights.
- Rachel Lozano Castro will also be sharing about some of the local art we'll see throughout the day.
- We will park and meet on the U.S. side of the border and walk across the border together to meet our transportation for the day.
- At the conclusion of our day, we will walk back across the border together or you can stay in Tijuana on your own for dinner, etc.
- We will have a lunch break at Telefonica which is a hip area of food trucks (gastro park).
- Lunch is not included, so you will have time to purchase your own lunch there.
DRAFT SDDC DAY IN TIJUANA
Subject to Adjustment
8:00 a.m. Arrive at San Ysidro Port of Entry Pedestrian East Crossing. Paid parking lot on San Ysidro Blvd.
8:15 a.m. Depart for Tijuana
8:30 a.m. Arrive at Mexico Aduanas (Customs) for FMM day visa
9:10 a.m. Join transportation. Depart for Playas de Tijuana where the colorful border wall reaches the Pacific at Friendship Park
9:30 a.m. Drive Paseo de los Héroes
9:45 a.m. Tour Mercado Miguel Hidalgo (grand central market)
10:15 a.m. Arrive and tour Centro Cultural Tijuana (CECUT) including Museum of the Californias and El Cubo Fine Arts Museum
11:15 a.m. Briefing on the Tijuana economy at Tijuana Economic Development Council
11:50 a.m. Drive Paseo de los Heroes then to Av. Sonora and drive by large homes in the Chapultepec Hills.
12:15 p.m. Tour Caliente Casino and view Caliente Racecourse (greyhounds) and Estadio Caliente (home of the Xoloitzcuintles football team).
12:45 p.m. Drive by Peninsula Fashion Mall (newest in city) towards World Trade Center and Culinary Art School.
1:15 p.m. Meeting at the United States Consulate General. Briefing by Consul General Tom Reott. Consulate responsible for United States citizens and interests in Baja California and Baja California Sur.
2:00 p.m. Depart for Telefonica Gastro Park, Blvd. Aguacaliente 8924. Lunch on your own.
3:00 p.m. Depart for New City and Club de Empresarios (26th floor of Torre Diamante). Cash bar. Briefing on the healthcare industry in Tijuana—the number one world destination for medical tourism. Participants: New City Medical Center, SIMNSA Healthcare
4:00 p.m. Depart for United States border (expedited crossing)
Note: Southbound traffic is light on I-5 and I-805 in the morning; northbound traffic is light in the late afternoon