- This event has passed.
Countering Violent Extremism – Strong Cities Network
October 4, 2019 - October 9, 2019
11 visitors from multiple countries will be coming to make professional connections in San Diego exploring the following specific objectives for the project outlined by the Department of State:
- Facilitate systematic sharing of knowledge, expertise, and lessons learned on building social cohesion and community resilience to prevent violent extremism across cities on an international basis
- Analyze and examine methods to address the underlying conditions that fuel political grievances, communal conflicts, and economic disparity within communities
- Explore the role of faith-based and secular organizations, community-based efforts, and public-private partnerships to engage youth on political, social, and economic challenges
- Examine leadership strategies and advocacy skills designed to influence susceptible youth
- Explore successful intervention and rehabilitation programs to reintegrate disenfranchised youth and prevent radicalization
- Foster and further collaboration among Strong Cities Network member cities in support of the Strong Cities Network initiative.