- This event has passed.
Countering Violent Extremism – Strong Cities Network
October 4 - October 9
11 visitors from multiple countries will be coming to make professional connections in San Diego exploring the following specific objectives for the project outlined by the Department of State:
- Facilitate systematic sharing of knowledge, expertise, and lessons learned on building social cohesion and community resilience to prevent violent extremism across cities on an international basis
- Analyze and examine methods to address the underlying conditions that fuel political grievances, communal conflicts, and economic disparity within communities
- Explore the role of faith-based and secular organizations, community-based efforts, and public-private partnerships to engage youth on political, social, and economic challenges
- Examine leadership strategies and advocacy skills designed to influence susceptible youth
- Explore successful intervention and rehabilitation programs to reintegrate disenfranchised youth and prevent radicalization
- Foster and further collaboration among Strong Cities Network member cities in support of the Strong Cities Network initiative.