We are looking for an IVLP PROGRAM ASSOCIATE – Non-exempt Part-time Position.
Under the supervision of the IVLP Program Manager, the IVLP Program Associate works to ensure a successful visit for the international visitors and the local program professional partners. The Program Associate will assist with all aspects of the program including researching prospective local professional contacts, arranging logistics, drafting the local itinerary of appointments, and communicating all logistical details to the appropriate authorities. Duties also entail tracking project expenditures, maintaining database, statistics and activity records related to the program.
Reports to: IVLP Program Manager
Responsibilities: The IVLP Program Associate will provide administrative, coordination and logistical support to the program team working on International Visitor Leadership Program projects.
- Conduct research on a variety of international topics and local professional contacts
- Make logistical arrangements for groups of international visitors to San Diego, including travel, hotels, ground transportation, catering, etc.
- Arrange meetings with local partners, implementing U.S. Department of State-outlined project objectives
- Process and track project expenditures; produce financial documents; Assist in the monitoring of project budgets
- Produce project materials, including but not limited to arrival packets, name badges and administrative documents
- Maintain project files and database and provide general project support
- Brief interpreters and international participants on administrative procedures and logistical arrangements pertaining to project
- Provide direction to IVLP interns and volunteers in their tasks
- Provide support to events related to IVLP delegations
- Provide support for dinner hospitality requests
- Perform other duties, as assigned
Required skills and qualifications:
Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple administrative tasks with a high degree of accuracy; ability to work independently and as a team member, take initiative, meet deadlines, and be flexible
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in international relations, global studies or related field
- Strong computer skills including use of databases and proficiency in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Excel, familiarity with Salesforce, Publisher, WordPress and social media platforms a plus
- Strong verbal and writing skills with ability to communicate clearly and persuasively
- Excellent time management, attention to detail and organization skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in international exchanges, event management and protocol
- Effective leadership, volunteer management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with multiple cultures and constituencies, including local community resources, international Visitors, interpreters and escorts
- Driver’s License and access to a car required
- Willingness to be on call to handle issues and concerns that arise after hours (evenings and weekends) required
Compensation: This is a part-time ( 20 hours/week) non-exempt position with a wage of $17.80/hour.
Application Process: Send cover letter, resume and list three professional references to Employment@SanDiegoDiplomacy.org with IVLP Program Associate in the subject line or via mail to San Diego Diplomacy Council, 4305 University Avenue, Suite 510, San Diego, CA 92105. Applications will be accepted through June 14, 2019 at 5 pm. Due to the expected number of applicants, we request that you do not call or email to check on your application status. You will be contacted by email before June 19, 2019 if your application is selected for an interview. Thank you for your interest in employment with the San Diego Diplomacy Council.
Leave a Reply