As we near the end of our fiscal year (June 30), we reflect upon highlights from the past year. As an organization, we have much to be excited about and proud of.
Over the past 10 months, we:
- Created and implemented 26 programs for 300 international visitors from over 75 countries;
- Paired 40 business leaders with host companies in San Diego for month-long fellowship experiences;
- Trained 77 students from 25 area schools about international affairs through our Global Leadership Youth Program;
- Wrapped the inaugural year of our Global Youth Collaborative, which convened high school students from across San Diego for quarterly workshops, group projects, and leadership and civic engagement training with a global focus.
We are thankful to our San Diego community for making all of these programs possible: for hosting our visitors in your homes and workplaces, for sharing your ideas, learning from our international visitors, and creating enduring international friendships and partnerships.
We are also thankful to our local partners including Sempra, Qualcomm, La Jolla Country Day School, the SDSU Wendy Gillespie Center for Advancing Global Business, the Academy of Our Lady of Peace, the San Diego Zoo, SureRide, ISOS Group, Hudson Safe-T-Lite, the German American Chamber of Commerce, CLE Abroad, the Intercontinental, and the Marriott Residence Inn as well as to the individual donors, members, meeting hosts, and community partners who support our work in big and small ways. All of these partners help us inspire students and connect local and global leaders and changemakers to strive for convergence in a divergent world.
Each Spring, we usually host an annual fundraiser. This Spring, however, we have been busy recruiting for two staff positions and had an influx of programs and commitments. These are good problems to have, but due to these circumstances, we made the decision to postpone our Spring fundraiser. Instead, please save the date for our SDDC 45th Anniversary Kick-Off Celebration on October 7, 2023. We will send more details in the coming months.
Meanwhile, we hope that you will:
- Host an international visitor in your home
- Sign up your kids (grades 9-12) for our Global Leadership Youth Program
- Like and share our posts on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram
All of your efforts, big and small, are appreciated.
As we approach June 30, please consider a fiscal year end gift to the San Diego Diplomacy Council. By postponing our Spring fundraiser, we will be missing out on a substantial means of support for our organization this Spring. Any donation helps support the continued growth of our team, our programs, and our impact in San Diego and across the world. Your donation of any amount also makes you a member of the San Diego Diplomacy Council for the next year, allowing you free access to more of our events, opportunities to network and meet our visitors, and so much more. Click here to donate now.