Transparency & Accountability in Government
May 31 - June 5
15 visitors from multiple countries in Africa will be coming to make professional connections in San Diego exploring the following specific objectives for the project outlined by the Department of State:
- Enhance understanding of the underlying principles of ethical systems for accountability in government and business in the United States;
- Address international efforts to strengthen the integrity of governments and businesses;
- Examine the effect of transparency on trade, investment, and economic development;
- Explore the role of citizens, traditional and new media, academia, and civil society in fostering transparency and accountability in government; and
- Highlight the mechanisms that enable citizens to foster good governance, ethical standards, and accountability at the local, state, and federal levels.