- This event has passed.
Transparency & Accountability in Government
May 31, 2019 - June 5, 2019
15 visitors from multiple countries in Africa will be coming to make professional connections in San Diego exploring the following specific objectives for the project outlined by the Department of State:
- Enhance understanding of the underlying principles of ethical systems for accountability in government and business in the United States;
- Address international efforts to strengthen the integrity of governments and businesses;
- Examine the effect of transparency on trade, investment, and economic development;
- Explore the role of citizens, traditional and new media, academia, and civil society in fostering transparency and accountability in government; and
- Highlight the mechanisms that enable citizens to foster good governance, ethical standards, and accountability at the local, state, and federal levels.