INTERNSHIP & VOLUNTEERING
Gain hands-on experience in public diplomacy while learning about the work of a nonprofit in San Diego. Our volunteer intern positions are for college junior through graduate level students. Our internship program is attractive to emerging global leaders looking to expand their skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Program – designed to give students practical experience in planning and scheduling professional appointments for international visitors who come to San Diego.
- Operations – designed to give the student a global perspective on how non-profit organizations are managed, organized and run
- Executive – designed to give the student experience in working with executive level personnel on administrative, meeting planning and communication tasks.
- Events – designed to give the student a high level of responsibility and exposure in planning professional and social events.
- Membership – designed to give the student experience conducting first-hand research with international businesses, foundations and individuals to determine potential sources for support or affiliation with our organization.
- Data Analytics – designed to give students real world experience in utilizing a variety of techniques to interpret data and identify growth opportunities in membership, funding and community involvement through analysis of data and trends.
- Marketing – designed to give the student a high level of responsibility and exposure to local media sources in a professional, intercultural environment.
Internship Details and Timeline
Our unpaid internships are approximately 15 hours per week, between 10 AM and 5 PM, Monday through Friday. Internships are available during the following times.
Winter: December, January and February – resumes accepted until December 1
Spring: March, April and May- resumes accepted until March 1
Summer: June ,July and August- resumes accepted until June 1
Fall: September, October, and November- resumes accepted until September 1
*Exact start and end date of internships are subject to change based on capacity and organizational needs.
Email your resume and internship interest to email@example.com to apply.
The San Diego Diplomacy Council is seeking six San Diego area youth (ages 15-20) who speak Vietnamese or Lao to serve as volunteer “Cultural Ambassadors” January 10-17, 2019. We will be hosting a delegation of high school volleyball coaches and players from Vietnam and Laos in San Diego over these dates for a U.S. Department of State funded Sports Diplomacy Exchange Program. Cultural Ambassadors will accompany the group in San Diego during their programming to help with language and cultural translation. We have small stipends we may be able to pay to local youth Ambassadors.
Interested youth should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.