INTERNSHIPS & VOLUNTEERING
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply
Gain hands-on experience in public diplomacy while learning about the work of a nonprofit in San Diego. Our volunteer intern positions are for college juniors through graduate-level students, and are eligible for course credit. Our internship program is attractive to emerging global leaders looking to expand their skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Program – designed to give students practical experience in planning and scheduling professional appointments for international visitors who come to San Diego. Program Interns are involved in one-on-one meetings, group discussions, and planning delegates’ itineraries. In addition, the intern often accompanies visitors to their professional meetings.
- Operations – designed to give the student a global perspective on how non-profit organizations are managed, organized, and run. Operations interns are also involved in donor management, business process analysis, financial tracking and reporting, and project management.
- Executive – designed to give the student experience in working with executive-level personnel on administrative, meeting planning, and communication tasks. Assist the Executive Director with expanding SDDC relationships, expand public relations, contribute to event planning, and assist with strategic development.
- Events – designed to give the student a high level of responsibility and exposure in planning professional and social events. Events interns will also gain exposure to participants in the Department of State’s International Visitor Leadership Program as well as to the local members of SDDC.
- Membership – designed to give the student experience conducting first-hand research with international businesses, foundations, and individuals to determine potential sources for support or affiliation with our organization. Membership Interns are also responsible for providing information materials to prospective members, donors, and volunteers.
- Data Analytics & Storytelling – designed to give students real-world experience in utilizing a variety of techniques to interpret data and identify growth opportunities in membership, funding, and community involvement through analysis of data and trends. Data Analytics & Storytelling Interns may also be asked to pitch strategies for future data collection and analysis to promote business growth.
- Communications & Marketing – designed to give the student a high level of responsibility and exposure to local, national, and global media sources in a professional, intercultural environment.
Internship Details and Timeline
Our volunteer internships are approximately 15 hours per week, between 10 AM and 5 PM, Monday through Friday, for a preferred duration of at least 6 months. Resumes are accepted on a rolling basis, and internships are available year-round.
Email your resume and internship interest to email@example.com to apply.